Here’s a great vegan version of the Italian classic meatball sandwich.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe has been added to your Shopping List
- 2 hoagie rolls
- 2/3 C pasta sauce
- 6 oz meatballs (Italian meatless)
- 1/4 C mozzarella cheese (rice) (shredded)
- 1/4 C yellow onions (sliced)
- 1/4 C mushrooms (crimini) (sliced)
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese (non-dairy grated)
In a medium sauce pan, heat the pasta sauce and meatballs over medium heat until warmed through.
Add 1/3 cup of the pasta sauce and halved meat balls to the lightly toasted hoagie bun.
Top the sandwich with the mozzarella cheese, sliced onion, mushrooms, and more sauce; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Cover and refrigerate the meatball mixture for up to one week in the refrigerator.
© Mainly Vegan LLC