This filling is a great twist on the chicken version. You can also use it as a salad.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe has been added to your Shopping List
- 8 slices wheat bread (toasted)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 oz chicken tenders (meatless)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1/3 C bell pepper (red) (chopped)
- 2/3 C mayonnaise (eggless)
- 3 Tbsp parsley (fresh) (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
In a medium pan, cook the "chicken" and garlic in the oil until heated / lightly browned.
Mix all of the remaining ingredients (except for the bread, of course) in a medium bowl; chill before serving.
Serve on toasted bread or in a pita pocket.
If desired, add tomato slices, lettuce / arugula and/or cheese to the sandwich.
Cover and store the chicken mixture in the refrigerator for up to one week.
© Mainly Vegan LLC