This is a great vegan version of the classic egg salad sandwich.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe has been added to your Shopping List
- 2 pita bread (halved)
- 8 oz tofu (firm water-packed) (rinsed and drained)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 celery stalk (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (eggless)
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp parsley (fresh) (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp mustard (Dijon)
- 1/4 tsp oregano (dried)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
In a medium bowl, mash the tofu with a fork; add all of the ingredients (except for the pita bread) and mix until well combined; chill for at least two hours.
Fill each pita pocket half with the tofu mixture.
If desired, add tomato slices, lettuce / arugula, and/or cheese to the sandwich.
You can use wheat or other bread instead of the pita bread.
Store the tofu mixture covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
© Mainly Vegan LLC