This is a great vegan alternative to traditional (and medicinal) chicken soup.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe has been added to your Shopping List
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 C yellow onions (chopped)
- 1 1/4 C carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 4 celery stalks (chopped)
- 12 C vegetable broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 12 oz chicken tenders (meatless)
- 8 oz fettucine (uncooked, broken into thirds)
- 3 Tbsp parsley (fresh) (minced)
In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions, carrots and celery; cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the broth, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and turmeric to the pan; bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer (uncovered) for approximately 20 minutes.
Add the chicken tender pieces and fettucine noodles to the soup; cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Stir in the parsley; simmer for 5 more minutes.
Cover and store for up to one week in the refrigerator, or freeze for up to six months.
© Mainly Vegan LLC