This is a delicious faux tuna salad sandwich that can be served on lettuce as a salad too.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe has been added to your Shopping List
- 8 slices wheat bread
- 15 oz garbanzo beans (canned chickpeas) (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 C mayonnaise (eggless)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle relish
- 1/4 C yellow onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 2 oz Romaine lettuce (torn or chopped)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (sliced)
In a large bowl, mash the garbanzo beans with a fork or potato masher.
Add the remaining ingredients, mixing until combined; chill and serve on toasted bread with the lettuce and tomatoes.
Add additional mayonnaise, and a slice of cheese, if desired.
Cover and refrigerate for up to one week.
© Mainly Vegan LLC