This healthy and tasty soup will warm you up from the inside out.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe has been added to your Shopping List
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 C bell pepper (red) (chopped)
- 1 1/2 C carrots (chopped)
- 2 C yellow onions (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 bay leaves
- 8 C vegetable broth
- 28 oz tomatoes (whole) (canned)
- 16 oz lentils (brown)
- 2 Tbsp bacon bits (soy)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme (dried)
- 1 1/2 C red potatoes (chopped)
- 1 oz spinach leaves (baby) (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp vinegar (red wine)
Heat the oil in a large pot; saute the vegetables and bay leaves on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the broth, tomatoes, lentils, bacon bits, and herbs; cook over medium to high heat for 45 minutes, adding more water or broth as needed.
Add the potatoes to the soup and cook until tender, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the spinach and cook for another 2 minutes; remove from the heat.
Add the vinegar; leave covered until ready to serve.
Cover and store for up to one week in the refrigerator, or freeze for up to six months.
© Mainly Vegan LLC