This casserole is sure to be a big hit.
Add to Shopping List
This recipe has been added to your Shopping List
- 8 oz farfalle pasta (bow-tie) (boiled and drained)
- 2 tsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (minced)
- 1/2 Tbsp buttery spread
- 1/2 C bell pepper (red) (chopped)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 1 sausage braut (meatless) (Italian, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp flour (unbleached all purpose)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 C soy milk
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (fresh) (chopped)
- 1 C cheddar cheese (soy) (shredded)
Boil the pasta according to the package directions; drain. Mince the chipotle chiles and reserve the adobo sauce.
In a large pan, saute the bell pepper and onions in the buttery spread for 5 minutes; add the sausage, chipotle chilies / sauce, flour, and spices, and cook for one minute.
Gradually add the milk; cook until thick and bubbly (approximately 5 minutes), stirring continually.
Remove the mixture from the heat and add the cilantro and majority of the cheese, stirring until the cheese melts; add the cooked pasta and toss well.
Turn the pasta mixture into an 8 x 8-inch greased baking dish; sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cover and store for up to one week in the refrigerator.
© Mainly Vegan LLC